The song I decided to do for my Cover Song is Lips of An Angel. This song, since the first time I heard it gave me this extremely emotional connection to it. I just felt for the characters. The first version I heard of this song was Jack Ingram's country version, I loved it right away! I did, however, feel very sad for the characters in the story. I felt like the love for the other woman was an old love, someone you never forget. I also wondered what went wrong, how come they weren't together? The overall feeling I get when I hear this song is a real love that was lost.
The Hinder version of this song is rock and very intense. Even though the song lyrics are exactly the same I feel very different about the two. The Hinder version makes me upset and anger. I feel as though the character in the song is a rocker someone who brought the issue upon himself. Almost like his lifestyle is about hurting different women just to get what he wants.
Overall, I feel the the country version is very personal and intimate. The rock version is just a man having anyone he wants, and them falling madly in love with him. I really feel that country songs help me relate more to the characters on an emotional level than rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unN5BSoqrBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Nbj90ZMQM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment